Stuffed Chicken – Less Than 500 Calories!
Chicken is delicious and nutritional! It goes great with all kinds of meals too.
You could eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in all different styles.
Today I’m going to show you a really yummy stuffed chicken recipe that’s easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Check out the recipe below.
– ⅓ cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
– rinsed ¼ cup shredded provolone cheese 2 boneless
– skinless chicken breasts (about 1¼ pounds)
– ¾ teaspoon ground pepper
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon dried oregano
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 6 ounces whole-wheat orzo (about 1 cup dry)
– ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
– 5 cups broccoli florets
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 4 lemon wedges, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine roasted peppers and provolone in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of each chicken breast, nearly through to the opposite side. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon pepper, salt and oregano. Fill each chicken breast “pocket” with half of the cheese mixture, and press the edges together to seal. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
3. Bake the chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a bowl and toss with olives, the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
5. Steam broccoli over 1 inch of boiling water in a pot fit with a steamer basket until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with butter.
6. Cut each chicken breast in half and serve with the orzo, the broccoli and lemon wedges, if desired.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!