Home made cereal
Home Made Cereal, You Have To Try This!
I came across this recipe online one day when I wanted to try making my own cereal, and I must say, it’s pretty delicious.
It’s a little time consuming, so it’s definitely not a last minute meal, but it’s definitely worth it!
Making your own cereal is very easy to do and sometimes cheaper than buying cereal in a box or bag.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
– 3 cups rolled oats
– 1 scant cup unsweetened shredded coconut
– 1/4 cup clover honey
– 1/6 cup virgin coconut oil (half of a 1/3 cup measure)
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I used almond because I was out of vanilla)
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine oats and shredded coconut in a large bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt until just simmering.
– Pour honey mixture over the oat mixture, stirring well with a wooden spoon until fully combined. – Spread this mixture out over a large sheet pan, place in oven, and bake for 10 minutes before stirring the granola. Repeat 10 minute baking time, followed by stirring, until granola is well-toasted (takes about 4 cycles, or about 40 minutes).
– Cool the granola on the baking sheet, stirring occasionally. When cooled, you can store granola in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or at room temperature for two.
Check out the original recipe and more home made cereal recipes here.