Hot Oil Treatment
DIY Hot Oil Treatment for Natural Hair
Doing a hot oil treatment on your hair every once in a while can definitely be very beneficial for your hair!
Oils are filled with many nutrients and vitamins that your hair benefits from.
Not only is an oil treatment healthy for your hair, it’s easy to do and doesn’t take up much time.
Some things you’ll need:
– Oil of your choice (I like to use coconut oil)
– Hot water
– Plastic shower cap
What to do:
– Put your oil in a heat safe plastic bottle or glass container
– Place the container in a pot of hot water for two minutes
– Test on wrist and then apply the hot oil to scalp, roots and length of hair
– Massage the oil into your scalp for five minutes
– Cover your hair with a plastic cap
– Dip towel in hot water to make it hot. Ring out the excess water and wrap towel around your head.
– Allow the oil and towel to sit on your hair for 30 minutes
– Lightly rinse your hair and towel dry